Connected page as popup

I tried different options so it does not look like this is available so I think this is a suggestion.

I have a popup edit page on one of my tables and I want to use the same edit page on another table to be consistent. Is there a way to make a connected page popup or can this be something that is added?
connectedpagelink

13 Likes

Thats a good idea… I think right now, you need to create a separate edit page if you want it to be a popup though.

1 Like

@CJeon Thanks for submitting your suggestion. @Jen is correct in that, currently, you will need to configure your pop-up edit forms through the Edit Link option within your components.

We will certainly keep this in mind for future developments. Community members, if you are interested in this functionality, please like this post. :slightly_smiling_face:

@CJeon I also see that you created a suggestion for pop-up details pages as well. If anyone within the community has found this post and is looking for more information on pop-up details pages, check out this post here.

9 Likes

Hi Guys, first of all i’d like to say really well done on making the details pages available for pop-out, this has really improved the usability of a lot of things we’ve worked on so big thank you.

But like always whenever you do a good job it means someone sees more potential and ends up giving you more work :slight_smile:

On that note, it would be super cool if linked pages were also given a pop-out makover, i think it’s especially good for these because then you don’t have to worry about breadcrumbs on a linked page pointing to a different layout than you are currently on.

Thanks Guys
Paul

3 Likes

This brings up a really good point about layouts. Thanks for the suggestion!

4 Likes

agreed … I really want this too

3 Likes

Really need this feature as well. Have 3 buttons in a table with popups and the connected page is the only one that throws things off. :pray:

1 Like

I’d love to see this! It would save so much time!

This is sorely needed to limit the number of edit and detail pages that must be maintained

2 Likes

This has been asked before in other guises. But I am still looking for a solution.

Scenario…

1. I have a page with two tables - call them table 1 and table 2. These two tables are views of the same data table - they are just different selections of the same table

2. I have created a subpage1 for table 1. Its a detail view, with an update form and some styling. It opens in a modal window and works great. It took some time to style and set up.

3. I want to use the same subpage modal/popup view for table 2 !
    … but I can’t (or I haven’t found a way yet). And remember, table2 is a view of same data as table1 and is even on the same page.

Of course subpage1 is a ‘connected page’ to table 2, but I can’t see how to get a connected page to open in a popup.- its not an option.

I could just recreate the subpage for table 2, but can’t copy the original subpage1 and it seems crazy to have to redo this work over again (like I have done repeatedly in my app so far) I am trying to find a way to reuse subpage1

I can see that I ‘could’ recreate table1 and table2 and subpage1 in a custom component, as this would allow me create a modal link in table1 and table2 to the same subpage. But that’s even more work than the option above!

I have tried creating a field that emulates the link I can see in table1 to the popup. Using concat I have constructed a field that renders an exact copy of the link in table1 - everything from <a… to …/a> is the exact same. But it won’t work. I am guessing this is something to do with angular - but its above my pay grade.

Anyone got an ideas?

No ideas, but support…
No ideas, but have the same problem… recreating the same detail pages several times costs a lot of time.
In Wikipedia they work with a concept called templates. One template can be used in many pages, even with differing content…

Thanks @Peter , I guess I was hoping someone had made a breakthrough - its come up so often. Either allowing modals for these pages or being able to copy subpages …

Absolutely right! The number of edit and detail pages that must be maintained is directly connected to this feature.

@here

Happy to report that Connected Pages can now be shown as a popup :tada:

5 Likes

Thats fabulous news, thanks Tim

Works for me :slight_smile:

I see the control, but it’s not working for me.

You might want to reload the builder. That worked for me @Henry

@tim.young the Tadabase team made several people happy with this, for sure me! Thanks!

Tim helped me with this. There was some javascript that prevented the popup. Works now. Thanks, Tim!

1 Like

I do not see this option anywhere? Connected detail, edit etc added a detail have no option for open as a popup

Edit: only available from a table, allowing on a detail page would be very helpful as well.