Data component in Layouts

Hi,
I am trying to add a newsletter subscription (linked to a data table) in a footer in the layout option, but I can’t seem to access the data components when trying to add it in the Layout option. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
C

@Meyer, data components are actually not able to be added into the layouts. The way our platform is structured assumes the layouts are only for things like menus and user login related items.

This is the first we’ve heard of this request and I’d love to hear what you have in mind and your use case. Perhaps we can find an alternative way of accomplishing your goals.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Moe,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am trying to create a newsletter subscription form for users to sign up for a newsletter. I wanted to create a separate table from the sign-up table for these users. But it might make sense to make them one and the same. Let me know your thoughts?
Thanks,

@moe I have just seen that it I can’t use the signup table because it requires a password. Any thoughts on a work around here?
Thanks,
C

@moe Do you have any thoughts on a work-around for this?
Thanks,
C

Hi @Meyer

I was trying to play around with a possible solution however the only option I found that would work for your needs would be to redirect the user to another page with a “Link Button”. This typically wouldn’t be a good move since newsletter signups are an impulse type activity and you don’t want to delay the user from entering their information.

Data components are not allowed (currently).

Sorry I couldn’t help

I unfortunately don’t have the means to help configure all this, but you could use the HTML component to add an input field and then use JS for a webhook/mailhook with a third party service like Integromat or Zapier to create the record.

<div>
    <label for="email">Enter your email address:</label> 
    <input id="email" name="email" type="email" /><br /><br /> 
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</div>

OR maybe this is a good opportunity to put the new Pipes feature to work?