Data table to group by connected record

I have a timesheet application that i have created. My tables are time records and jobs. I want a table to show all the time records connected to the job (they are connected with a connection field) but I want the table to only show the jobs that are a certain status “needs billed”.

I currently have the table setup to show time records grouped by job name but i can only filter by the status of the time record not the status of the job since it is a different table.

My suggestion is to create a child “status field” in the time record table, and you can create a table rule (create/edit), i.e., every time you create a time record you can set the child status to the connected value of the parent status field of the job table.

1 Like

What Aprada said works, also, if you’d like, you can add a Rollup field and use the Concatenate Formula Function to populate each Time record with the Jobs > Status. Then in the table component on the page builder, use the Rollup field to filter out the Time records that are connected to a Job where the Status is “needs billed”.

2 Likes

@Chem This worked. Now, I’d like to take this one step further. I have multiple time records connected to a job. I want to be able to click a button on the job that takes me to a page with a table that shows all the records connected to the specific job that i clicked on without having to “filter” it.