Edit form on parent page

Hi all,

I am currently testing out tadabase and it seems great so far. One question I have is if it is possible to add an edit form for a child record on a parent page.

I have the edit form/page for the parent record and on that page I want to add tabs for each child record with the edit forms for those child records. Is that possible?

I have searched the community and the only relevant thing I can find is the post from Tim about viewing details on a parent page, but this doesn’t seem to do what I want (and I can’t get it to work anyway) https://community.tadabase.io/t/view-record-details-on-a-parent-page/1175

Any help appreciated.

Hi, @New-Builder ,

Welcome to the community!

Yes absolutely, you would need to add a table of the child records on the parent page, they you could select the relevant child record on the parent page.

Edit the parent Page (don’t edit the form on the parent page) and add a table to the page. You will be presented with a list of tables and relationships to choose from and you can select the appropriate child records from there.

Then in the new child table add an Edit action to edit those child record

The add your tabs to the parent page form and then with some javascript you can display “show” / “hide” the relevant child tables when a particular tab is selected. see this post for javascript…

Any issues let me know, Graham

1 Like

Hi Graham

Thanks so much for the reply. What I want is the actual edit form to display (e.g. the form displayed when you click the edit link/button in the child data table), will your solution allow me to do that? I don’t seem to be able to do it; the only form I am able to add is for editing the parent record.

Thanks again for the response - much appreciated!

My understanding is that you want something like this…

that results in this…

In this example the Parent (Company) owns vehicles and they can be created and edited from the parent form. They are only visible when the user is on the Vehicles tab of the parent form.

This was achieved with the above approach. Is this the sort of thing you meant?