Export Single File - Multiple Tables

Hey Tada Community and Team-

Question, is there a way to export multiple tables in an single file? @moe @Chem @tim.young

Thanks in advance,
Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam,

At this time this is not possible. There’s a ‘hack’ to do this if all of the tables are fully visible on the page.

For example, using this library you can get all the records in a table and when clicking a button have it save the excel file. Again, only works if all records are visible in the page

In case that can help you a bit, here’s how to do it.

Add this code to your Footer of the app:

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/xlsx/0.16.9/xlsx.min.js" integrity="sha512-Bkf3qaV86NxX+7MyZnLPWNt0ZI7/OloMlRo8z8KPIEUXssbVwB1E0bWVeCvYHjnSPwh4uuqDryUnRdcUw6FoTg==" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Inside your page, we’ll create a custom Export button that will trigger our code to download the Excel file. Add the following code inside a new HTML component on the page:

<button id="export-button" class="btn btn-info btn-sm t-export-button">Export</button>

Add this to the Javascript of this page, make sure to replace the IDs with your values:

TB.render('component_20',function(data){
    function exportTable(type, fn, dl) {

//Create a new Workbook. 
        var workbook = XLSX.utils.book_new();

//Find the first table to be added to the Sheet. 
        var sheet1 = XLSX.utils.table_to_sheet(document.querySelector("#x_element_page_6_20"));

//Give the first sheet a name
        XLSX.utils.book_append_sheet(workbook, sheet1, "Sample Data Table");

//same thing for Sheet 2, find the sheet using the ID and give the sheet a name. 
        var sheet2 = XLSX.utils.table_to_sheet(document.querySelector("#x_element_page_6_39"));
        XLSX.utils.book_append_sheet(workbook, sheet2, "Test Table 2");

return dl ?
            XLSX.write(workbook, {
                bookType: type,
                bookSST: true,
                type: 'base64'
            }) :

// Name the sheet that will be downloaded. 
            XLSX.writeFile(workbook, 'filename.xls');

}

$( "#export-button" ).click(function() {
        exportTable('xls');
    });

});

That’s it. Now all the records visible in the page will be downloaded inside the Excel file:

See this example here: https://localtest.tadabase.io/export-to-excel#!/export-multiple-tables-to-excel

1 Like

Moe, this looks like a great workaround. I will nerd out on this shortly and report back when I get it to work.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Cheers mate,
Adam

2 Likes

@moe -

I finally got some time to try this out. Works just as you described! Thank you for the detailed workaround.

Adam

1 Like

Glad to hear! I’m here to help with anything further.