How to edit fields in detail view

I’ve figured out how to configure the detail page to be editable. But when I click on a field to edit its value, instead of the insertion point being placed in the field itself, I get this little dialog.

This isn’t too bad for short values (like the project name in my screenshot). But for long-text fields where user might want to write a sentence or two of text (or sometimes more), this is sub-optimal. Is there a way to make the new-record form double as the detail page?

Not that I’m aware of, no. Interesting to see that dialog popping up so far away from the field. That seems unusual.

Thanks @tim.young. But I’m wondering what the limits are here.

I asked if it was possible to use the new record form as an editing form. Since I’m not entirely confident about Tadabase’s vocabulary, let me ask the question in a more general way. Is there a way to edit values in an existing (previously created and saved) record without having to edit the values in that teeny tiny little dialog?

I feel like I must be missing something – that the teeny tiny dialog just can’t be the only way to edit values in an existing record. Please tell me I’m wrong.

There’s the edit record link that can be added, that will open a modal view (optional). You can add whatever fields you want to be able to edit to that form. Is that what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Yes, yes!! That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you so much for hanging in there with me.

William

You’re very welcome!