Password Recovery and User Setup

Forgive a noob if this is something easy I missed. I am just about ready to release my app to roughly 100 users and I need to set up the users table. I notice in the documentation there is a field for passwords, but that field is not in the builder user table. Is it hidden? I want to make sure there is a way to for users to recover or reset there passwords if they are forgotten. Can this be done? If it can’t, how can this be handled?

Is there a way for me to set up there accounts without a password or with a temporary password and email them the information?

Thanks,
JCoop

There a couple of ways to handle this for now:
(1) You can set a temp password from the builder users table and email them their username (email address) and tell them to click FORGOT PASSWORD to complete their account activation - they will reset their own password. Dont leave a blank password for each user for security purposes.
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.53.07 AM
(2) You could create a std password for each user and email them the temp password and once they login they would automatically be redirected to a change password form - this will require some additional setup in the builder. Same as number 1 just a different process.

Easiest solution for you would be number 1.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply @intelligroup!

I don’t see the FORGOT PASSWORD link on my login page.

Is that an option somewhere?

Thanks again!
JCoop

I found the setting. I can’t believe I missed it. I have been looking at this for 2 hours! I think it only took about 5-6 to set up the entire app.

Great news! I will follow the option 1 for the deployment.

Thanks so much for the help @intelligroup!

JCoop