Subscriptions - any one using this in live or have an alternative?

Hey Rich - you can embed your ZOHO subs into a tadabase page to make it seamless. Zoho also provides a customer portal that allows clients to manage their subs. You might get by with the FREE zapier account depending how complex your setup is - you get 5 zaps and 100 takes per month on the free plan. Your other option is to setup your sub packages in Stripe and then connect to tadabase so you would build the packages on tadabase and connect to stripe which would handle the payment processing for the packages. We originally used stripe for managing our subscriptions and its a decent FREE solution but we like ZOHOs flexibility in creating and managing subscriptions plus they provide good reporting tools. ZOHO provides a free trial so you could check it out and test it. You may have to use Zoho or Stripe in the interim until TB SUBS gets out of alpha.

Thanks for the info. I’m looking at this now.

I can see you can embed the sign up pages - how do you handle the ‘review my subscriptions’, ‘review my charge history’, ‘cancel my subscriptions’, and ‘change my payment details’ scenarios from within Tadabase? As far as I can see that is all through the Customer Portal which isn’t an embed…have you been able to get Single Sign on working between Zoho and Tadabase (so managing subscriptions doesn’t involve a separate login)?

Also when I try embedding the code for the subscription plan using an HTML component most of it is stripped out…do you do this? @moe can anything be done about this?

Sample of the embed code here:

Apologies once again for all the questions and thanks so much for sharing your experience on this!

Rich,

There are 3 parts of the code each must be placed in their own unique spot.

1. In the Javascript of the page only paste the inside of the main script (without the tags.
    Like this:

2. Then in the HTML part paste only the div tag into the custom code.

3. Finally inside the Footer section pate the widget js:

Thank you @Moe. Everyday a school day!

Btw, I’m sure you can use Pipes after the fact to pull data from Zoho and dynamically store or update users details after a subscription is created.

Not sure how @intelligroup did this.

But I’m guessing:

1. Logged in user clicks to subscribe and the logged in user details get passed along the request.
  2. Zapier updates the user record in Tadabase
  3. Use Pipes to check subsscription status or pull values from Zoho to show it when the user logs in. For example, their current subscription status, payment methods etc… This way you can bypass having to use Zapier for anything but the creation of the account.

If you’re not sure how to do this with Pipes, let me know and I’ll write up something quick and post it here.

@moe If you could that would be amazing. Ive been trying to read up about Pipes but still struggling to get my head around them (I usually define integrations rather than create them as a Business Analyst :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Here’s how to do the Pipe to pull values dyanmically:

1. Login to your Zoho Subscriptions and depending on where you are, generate an Oauth key:
    USA Click Here:
    https://accounts.zoho.com/apiauthtoken/create?SCOPE=ZohoSubscriptions/subscriptionsapi
    UK Click Here:
    https://accounts.zoho.eu/apiauthtoken/create?SCOPE=ZohoSubscriptions/subscriptionsapi

Here’s more details on this: https://www.zoho.com/subscriptions/api/v1/#authtoken

Save the generated token, you’ll need this soon.

1. In your Users table, let’s assume you have a text field where we can store the Customer ID from Zoho. This will be what we use to reference the logged in user.

Next we’ll create a new pipe:
Name: Get Customer Details (any name you wish)
URL: GET https://subscriptions.zoho.com/api/v1/customers/{customer_id}

Create 1 parameter called Customer ID with the slug of customer_id

Add 3 headers:
Authorization (for value, put the key from the first step here)
X-com-zoho-subscriptions-organizationid (get this from your zoho account)
Content-Type application/json;charset=UTF-8

Finally, let’s map the response:
If your run a test you can see all the values:
But essentially you’d just put in the key and give it a name:
For example, to get the display name, we’d do: customer.display_name

Now that we’re done with this, we can create an HTML component with a pipe to get these values populated.

In the HTML just pass the Logged In User’s field with the zoho ID:

Then add the response values into your HTML:

You’re now pulling in live data from Zoho:

Pipes are very powerful, but super complex. We’re working on optimizing it and have many new built in pipes which will save you from having to build it.

Let me know after you see my next post if its starting to make a bit more sense.

@moe

Unfortunately I’m still stuck at the first (Embed the widget) hurdle here.

I’ve done all you said.

1. Put the DIV tag in the Custom HTML component.
  2. Add the Javascript to the Javascript section for the page
  3. Add the Script Type and SRC tag to the Site Footer code section.

However when the page then loads is just loads blank.

I’ve tried creating a standard HTML file with the embed code pasted to check that the embed code provided actually works (it does) so am a bit stuck on how to progress this from here.

Is the in-built Tadabase subscriptions functionality really not viable to use in Live, and if not are there any Standard Pipes (e.g. Stripe) coming any time soon that would supersede it?

Sussed it - a line of Javascript was causing a problem. Weirdly it loads fine from a static HTML page, but not when included via TD:

theme: { color: ‘#000000’, theme_color_light: ‘’},

Take that line out and all is good. Making it mobile-friendly though is a bigger problem - as I say…is the standard Tadabase subscriptions tool definitely not appropriate to go live with?

We have a whole bunch of users using our native subscription functionality in production. It certainly works, but its got some bugs and we’ve decided to postpone working on it until we fix some bigger impact items.

As far as Mobile friendliness of the Zoho Subscription, you can actually just use their button instead of the full embed. Meaning you can design it however you wish if you use the button which is really just a link.

Thanks as always for your advice and reply!

Can you elaborate at all on the nature of the bugs or can I find them searching tickets so I can decide if they’re show stoppers or not?

I’ll try and gather our Jira’s and see how serious they are, but for now they’re all in the backlog. One of the reasons we’ve pushed those features to the back of the line is ultimately you’ll be able to do far more with Pipes and “Plugins” (coming in early 2021) which will far exceed the capability of the native subscription feature. We have many users in the UAE which doesn’t support Stripe for example. We’re hoping to address everything by decoupling our platform from those types of features and restrictions.

@richUK, I think this thread might be helpful.

I’ve managed to build a full featured Stripe integration using Pipes and have added some details on how to use it along with a sample app you can copy.

@moe

Thanks Moe. I’ve got the Customer Portal working, so that’s great, thanks!

Is there anyway to use the regular TB subscriptions component to undertake the initial subscribe action (I like the simplicity of this with the credit card popup etc and the general subscribe component itself) and for the completion of this to update the logged in with the Stripe Customer ID (so that can then be utilised within the Pipe that lets me send the customer to the subscription management portal)?

I also like the fact that I don’t have to capture and store Credit Card info within Tadabase itself with the standard component.

Thanks,

Rich.

Trying to use the PIPE to pull in Invoices based on the logged in user ZOHO ID and keep getting a “FALSE” on the app side for all Invoice fields - the TEST on the pipe works with no problems. I see the table has the pipe option feature and this would work better since there would be a large number of invoices and an HTML field would not work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Without sharing sensitive data, can you share screenshots of each setting of the pipe?

Thanks for these screenshots, but I also need to see the responses and then how you have it implemented in the app. Alternatively, open a support ticket so we can see it there.

Sharing this here in case anyone needs additional help setting up the Stripe Pipe