Tracking User GPS

Rather straight forward. I’m not sure what I was doing differently before now but I do finally see an option to update current user’s location.

Logging in on a mobile device didn’t result in a location/address updating on the user’s record when using the Action Link, unfortunately.

Silly question but do you have the gps feature turned in settings and have you clicked allow when prompted to use location services?

On my device or within Tadabase?

On my device, yes.

Check the Tadabase settings then. It’s under settings/user settings/log successful user logins (enabled)

Wow, I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t even bother trying that toggle. It’s so easy to get lost in the weeds when the answer is right in front of me. Thank YOU!!!

Trying the setting, I’ve set the Location Tracking to required with and Error Message. Checking all of my device settings I seem to be allowing GPS tracking with Safari but the user is unable to login and I do see the error message. Once I set Location Tracking to ‘Enabled’ instead, the user can login.

Maybe the tracking requirement doesn’t work at the moment.

@moe Do you have insight on the User Tracking function?

Revisiting this User Location tracking concept, it’s still unclear to me where the data is being stored. Since this is enabled, is the user location being stored by default in a table or field that I need to reference OR do I need to set a field of my own?

When a logged in user moves 1 mile and returns to the Application, will it automatically (assuming the user permits it) retrieve the updated GPS data if there is any?

Additionally, is the Location here a Longitude + Latitude combination? Certainly would be ideal.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 6.00.19 PM

On top of the above, I’d want to use the Map component to display the GPS locations of users. Hence, if I can capture the GPS coordinates, I should be able to display the users on the Map.

…at least that’s my thinking thus far.