Using zapier with connection fields

I’m using a zap to add new records in my spreadsheet each time a new record is added. The table I have is called Investments and it has a connection field to Investors. When creating the Zap it seems to send along the ID of the investor and not the name of the investor. How can I get the actual name and not the id only? Or what work around can achieve my desired outcome?

The way our current integration is built and how we interact with connection fields will require you to do one of 3 things.

Add another step to the Zap which searches the records by that ID. So essentially, it will look like this:

1. New record added in Tadabase
  2. Zap sent to Zapier
  3. Zapier searches the connected field by the id
  4. Use the combination of both zaps for the data.

Another simpler option is to use a simple Zapier Webhook instead of a typical Zap. In Webhooks we pass the actual name and values of the connected fields. Simply copy the Catch Webhook URL into the Webhook section of your data table.

Finally, you can use a simple ‘hack’ to bypass all of this.

1. Create a text field, we’ll call it ‘Connected Text Value’
  2. When record is created, add a record rule to set this value to the connected value of the connection.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

1 Like