Add pop-up elements/pages directly to pages

Would be really great to have an additional system component “add link to popup”, which would generate a pop-up child-page similar existing pop-up add/edit/details pop-ups but without the need to have an unwanted data component.

Personally I think this would improve end user ability, allow easier navigation (less links required in nav-bars and reduced need for ugly collapsible components)…

Anybody in agreement?

1 Like

You can do that. In design mode of your data table, select ‘Options’ then tick yes for ‘Enable Inline Editing’. Aslo if you want to edit child records held in another table then you can do that by embedding a child table inside the parent record edit/details form. Screenshots is below, i hope that helps you.

Thanks @Shumon but maybe I didn´t explain my idea very well. Would like to generate a “blank” popup page from a button/image on an existing page…not from a data table. Basically a “link button” which would generate a blank popup sub/child page.

I’d also love this funtionality to keep same style as detail, edit, add, as you say. I have some pages that can not be done with a detail page, and when oppening as a separate page is confusing for user. and going back cause an unnecesary reload. Pages with few data are much better to open as popup’s. Clearly you would have to create this page with no heading.

Pop up may be done with some codding as showed in other posts… but that’s just for the experts.

I think this is slightly off-topic but still potentially useful for those who haven’t seen this feature yet.