Allow filtering of Auto Increment by < >

Most of the numerical and date fields allow greater than and less than sorting. Auto Increment does not. It would be really helpful for someone to be able to filter (and update) all records from this number or below this number or between two numbers.

2 Likes

Hi @secretsauce-

This can be accomplished by not using an Auto Increment but rather a number field and then using table rules/count records field to assign a new record to the next sequential number.

Let me know if you are interested in this option and I can post the detailed instructions.

Cheers,
Adam

Thanks for this! Definitely doable. Also can use an equation field to get the same result. Was thinking of this more as a bug then something that needs a creative solution

In my opinion, an auto incremental field is just a field and we should be able to filter by.

My suggestion to @secretsauce is to use a Formula field and assign the value of your incremental field, you can then filter by .

I don’t recommend the use of many equation fields because it slows down the performance.

Hope this is helpful.