CONCAT equation with number fields

Is there a way to use the CONCAT function with number fields? It doesn’t seem to work when I try to do this with number fields. If I can only use this function with text fields, is there a function that can convert the field to text?

Formula: CONCAT({homeWins},‘-’,{homeLosses})

I’m also noticing that my equations will return “null” if the value is zero. Is there a way to get it to display the zero?

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 10.06.21 AM

I think you might be looking for the Text Formula field instead of the Equation field.

Can you try using the Text formula instead and see you get the intended results you’re looking for?

That got me a slightly better result, but it still doesn’t seem to want to display the zeros. I checked this on the front end too.

Text Formula: homeWins-homeLosses

Yes, its how we deal with blank numbers.

When you add a number field and leave it blank, we don’t look at it as the same as 0. Even if you see the 0 displayed, the database doesn’t have a “0” stored in it for that field.

A simple workaround would be to create a Table Rule to set that field to 0 whenever that field is blank.

Here you can see I have 2 number fields and 2 rules. One rule to set each of those to 0 if said field is blank.

Let me know if that works for you.