Hi, I’m trying to set up a classic project management app. I have a Projects table & a Tasks table, each task is connected to the Project Id. Each task has, initial date, duration and finish date (initial + duration). The key point is to set another field called Dependent On, where each task should be connected to the task (same table) that is dependent, I mean, task 1 must finish to start task 2. I used this configuration in Airtable (https://youtu.be/g2OEvH8rxGU) and works perfect, but in Tadabase is not working, a rollup field (max value end date) inside the same table shows nothing. It could be a GREAT feature and make a terrible difference!
Other solutions like Quickbase use a special field called Precedent to solve that (https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/adding_dependencies.html).
Any ideas???
Hey @Aprada, you’ve brought up an exciting configuration!
We’ve been working on an update to the Rollup field that will allow you to calculate based on a connection to the same table. The update is currently on our Staging (Development) server and will go live during our next update.
I’ll update you here once it’s live.
Hi Chem, that’s terrific news! Please be sure the rollup field can work with multiple dependencies, I mean, if task3 depends on finishing task1 & task2, the rollup field (date max value) should bring only the latest date of both tasks.
Thank you very much
@moe happy eastern to TB, any advancement in this development? Tks