Force Password Reset

Need a FORCE PASSWORD RESET option for USER Accounts - this would apply when setting up new user accounts and sending them a random/default password - they would be forced to change it upon logging in the first time.

1 Like

This too will come full circle with pipes being added to the login screen. I’m sure this will be very doable.

Maybe you create a task that marks the user as “Requires Reset” then with the pipe on login it checks via the API if this user requires a reset, if yes returns an error so they can’t login.

I don’t have an exact timeline on this but its kinda in the works.

Hi! is this working already?
Thanks

I hope this will be available.

In addition, if a user account created from the admin side, a password will be generated automatically. Then the user, receiving the email will see the automatic generated password and can reset it anytime he wants.

Hi @edison,

this might help…

New user verification by email - Community Discussions / How Do I - Tadabase Community

1 Like

Hi @TonyM,

Thank you for this. I am looking for a way that whenever an admin creates a user. The admin does not need to create password, instead, upon creating the account, a generated password will be sent to the email of the user.

Is this possible?

Thank you

I realize that this will do. I just need to play around and will give me what I need :slight_smile:

I will use the pipe to generate a code not for verification but for the temporary password. Use this temporary password and set it to the password for the user. User will receive the email that this is his temporary password. Then, the user can log in and just change it by himself, and use this for verification process. :slight_smile: nice.

Thank you