Has anyone created a back button that works?

There are instructions on how to do this in docs.tadabase.io but it does not work.

Thanks!

@mdykstra, can you elaborate a bit more? What do you hope for the link to do? Also, if you can include a link to those non working docs, Iā€™ll be sure we update it. Our platform often pregresses faster than our docs can keep up with.

1 Like

Iā€™m using linked pages throughout my app so I need to add a ā€œbrowser backā€ button to these pages since I canā€™t use breadcrumbs. What is in the docs does not seem to work.

Thanks!

Hereā€™s the link - https://docs.tadabase.io/categories/solution-guides/article/how-to-add-a-back-button-to-your-app#bkmrk-page-title

Iā€™ve also noticed it doesnā€™t work. I tried adding Chemā€™s checkFlag code to it but no luck.

The back button does NOT work. We have had to use HTML/JS to accomplish the task. Hopefully moe can get it fixed as it would be much easier to use.

JS:
$(ā€™.back-btnā€™).on(ā€˜clickā€™,function(){
window.history.back();
});

Thank you. What is the html code I would use?

Add HTML Component and under source code:

FOR A LINK:

FOR A BUTTON:

@intelligroup The back button using the JS above is working for you?

Yes - i use both - links and buttons and they work great.

@mdykstra

Can you test these buttons again? They appear to be working now.

Sweet. My first win on a Monday :sweat_smile:
Thanks Tim!

Donā€™t thank me, Iā€™m just as surprised as you are lol. I know I tested this the other day when you made this post and it wasnā€™t working.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this, it works as of today, but the code is:

$(ā€™.back-btnā€™).on(ā€˜clickā€™,function(){
window.history.back();
});

Tried using the code above but could never get it to work on the profile page. This is what I got to work.

HTML
<p><button id="go-back" class="btn btn-primary back-btn">Back</button></p>

Java

document.getElementById("go-back").addEventListener("click", () => {
  history.back();
});
1 Like

None of the solutions on this page seem to work in Chrome for me. May I ask which browser you are using? I tried them in Edge and it works great.

For me, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox work fine.