How do I force a details link to open in a new tab?

When adding a link to a table for a details page, is it possible to force the details page to open in a new tab?

Yes, open the column settings and set the “Open in New Window” to “Yes”

Yikes :man_facepalming:

Thank you.

1 Like

It’s actually relatively new. Even I forget about some features/settings we have in place. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh I totally do. It’s one of those “good problems to have”, so many features and settings that I get lost easy sometimes.

@moe Can the open link in new window option be added for Link Fields as well?

2 Likes

Definitely. Will add to this as well.

This has been added.

1 Like

I’m not seeing it here yet on the Link Page. Am I missing something?

Since this isn’t yet an option for the Links > Connected Page (Link Page) option, I wanted to provide the following solution.

1. Edit the Link Page Column
  2. Add a CSS Class (my example will be “link-page.”
  3. Find the Component ID of the table
  4. Add the following code to the JavaScript of the page.

Javascript code below

TB.render('component_ID', function(data) {
	data.ele.find('.link-page a').attr('target','_blank');
});
$('body').on('keyup',function(){
    setTimeout(function(){
        $('.link-page a').attr('target','_blank');    
    },1000);
});

Please remember to change component_ID to your component ID found in step 3.

4 Likes

Chem,

Your solution works unless the table is the filtered result of a search component (even there, sometimes it works). As a workaround, I am advising users to right-click and choose “open link in new tab.”

Thanks Chem this a a good start, and its a shame that this won’t work as often as it will.

I have been trying to get it to work in an accordion, and on other complex pages with no joy. Opening in a new window (or access to Modal) is so important when building a complex work based app, and its a shame that this in not available everywhere inside Tadabase.