How do I update a "sibling" object?

I have no idea if that’s a real term, but if not it should be. What I want to do is update a record in a child object, based on a record in another child object of the same shared parent object.

Parent Object: Services
Child Object: Work Logs
Child Object: Time Clocks

I want to update a field in the Time Clocks table, in the form rules of a form to edit Work Logs.

Is this possible currently? If not, is there a plan to make it possible in the future? The only other way I can see to accomplish this in near-real time, is to use an instant trigger via integromat, but those don’t seem to be functional at this time.

Thanks!

Would it be possible for you to add a connection between the two siblings?

1 Like

I’m not sure to be honest. My instinct is that it wouldn’t work, but I need to think through it more to see if I can turn that into a solution. Thanks Tim!

Toph-

What specifically are the fields are you trying to update? For example, are the both a time/clock field or totally different from one another. This would help determine if you can use form rules to update the Works Logs from the Time Clocks. I agree with @tim.young that a connection from the time clocks to the works logs would be needed.

Again, this is all theory not knowing the details of your app.

Cheers,
Adam