Integration to the MS Office 365 Eco System

Currently Tadabase have Pipes built to integrate to the Gsuite eco system.

Surprisingly there is no native integration to the O365 environment

Microsoft have actually a much greater share of the world wide office suite market.
Gartner claim they have 90%+ share

Most business clients I work with are using O365 and being able to have SSO and integration to the whole suite would be very compelling e.g. One drive, Sharepoint, Excel, MS Word as well as Outlook email and calendaring as well as Power BI. While MS have their own NOCODE tools (power apps/Automate) it is not near as user friendly as TB. Building pipes for O365 would help TB massively in the SMB space.

Microsoft provide an excellent API and excellent documentation which should help accelerate the process

tks
Noel

4 Likes

This!!! It’s a shocking and surprising omission for anyone creating software for business. Not sure how it was missed and not integrated it’s a really huge, glaring omission to support google over Microsoft.

Funny things is that many do support google first - maybe they make it easier to integrate with.

I do think Microsoft sso and integration to the MS O365 like sharepoint, OneDrive etc would be a big deal for tadabase as ms have such a phenomenal market share

@arthurbuy

What kind of native integrations were you hoping to see? Was it mostly for Single Sign On, or mostly in Pipes?

SSO would be great but integration (pipes) to OneDrive, Sharepoint and email/Calendar would be a great benefit in the business world

1 Like

Understood, love this feedback! Thanks.

We will certainly add this.

Over the next 2-3 weeks we’ll add Micrsoft SSO for Builder and App side.

This week we’ll add the following pipes:

• Microsoft To Do
  • Microsoft Calendar
  • Microsoft Contacts
  • Microsoft Outlook Mail
  • Microsoft OneDrive
6 Likes

WOW ! :astonished: That is very cool Moe

1 Like

You should make a bit of a HO-HAH on social media when you have this … betty blocks (on the gartner magic quadrant) need to watch their back :laughing:

2 Likes

GREAT addition! Thanks Moe!

We’ve launched 4 of 7 planned pipes (OneDrive, OneNote, and Teams coming soon as well). We also hope to have the app side SSO done in the coming days:

Some of the pipe API calls are a bit complex, I’d be happy to clarify or add additional API calls or options if necessary.

As an example, to send an email with Outlook Mail, you must first create the email, then you must do a separate call to send the email using the Email ID from the first request. These pipes are all semi-configurable. Meaning, you can modify the Parameters, Requests, and Responses if necessary.

I will update ya’ll here once again with more updates as we have them.

Happy building!

2 Likes

giphy

Very cool … must get onto this tks

I would like to set up a pipe with Outlook. Could you put together a simple walkthrough on how to set it up to create and send an email based on a record rule or action link?

I have been trying out the O365 pipes and they add some great functionality. I know you asked for a walk thru - I hope someone does that. I just thought I might pass on some thoughts for consideration.

As you probably know the use case you have outlined is not one that requires the Outlook pipe; because any record rule or action link can have an action rule that will send an Email.

The process to send an standard email is somewhat easier than an Outllok mail via the Pipe. The only practical difference between them is that the Outlook pipe will send from your personal email account - your tadabase app will send via a standard email ‘from’ address that you set up.

NB: What I have found is that the Outlook pipe will authenticate against the individual O365 account of the developer (you) - and send from this. If you have multiple users, the Pipe will not authenticate on their account, and will still send from your email address.

For whatever reason, I cannot receive emails from the app directly. The emails are in the log, but I (or anyone else) do not get the email. For my purpose, the group that will receive emails is relatively small (only a dozen or so) and I just need to send updates when events happen (a few times a week), so I thought just using my Outlook would be fine.

Again, if anyone would take the time to put together a step by step on how to set up the Outlook pipe to create and send emails based on a trigger, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

I think that if you have set the ‘from address’ ok and the emails are in the log I suspect the emails are stuck in a spam filter, if you are the O365 Admin you will be able to find them.

But for a quick walk through of the Outlook Pipe from an Action link

1. Add the Pipe to your App, and authenticate it
  2. In the pagebuilder create a Table view, and add an Action link - this will be a link or button to fire off an email. The link will be repeated for every row of the table - so the email you send can vary for each row.
  3. In the Action Link - create a new action. Default is ‘update this record’ which is OK
  4. Add a pipe - and select Microsoft Outlook Mail - and select method ‘create messages’
  5. set the Parameters - Set to email address, set subject, set title. For each of these you could select a fixed custom value or a record value from the table.
  6. Finally set some table values to complete the ‘update this table’ format of this action. If there are no specific changes you need to make just set a field to equal itself.
  7. Save

And now when you go to the front end your new link should generate the email using your Outlook account (I hope :wink:

Thanks for the help with this. It is really appreciated.

That will create the email, but what about sending the email? Does that require a separate action?

Oops you are correct. That action creates the email. You need to run a second pipe to send the email.

I’ll work out best way to do that.

I just recalled that Moe had mentioned this earlier in the thread

to send an email with Outlook Mail, you must first create the email, then you must do a separate call to send the email using the Email ID from the first request.

Therefore its going to be a little more complex. You will need a new Field inthe table to store the text value of the messageID.
Then at stage 6 - set the value of that field to Pipe Value - Message ID.

Then create a new Action Rule (#2)
In this one Add the same Outlook Pipe, but choose the Send Message Method.
And set the single parameter to equal the MessageID field.

This will send the message created in Action Rule #1

(I should say - I think it will, or it does for me - but I am just an experimentor too , so i hope it works)

Hi @Moe, I’m just exploring options for my file storage and found this post that made a suggestion that OneDrive might make it to the roadmap, although I can’t see it there. If I’m considering file storage it is best to focus on Dropbox or AWS for now?

Only Dropbox and AWS can work natively with the file/attachment field. I do not recommend using anything else like OneDrive, you maybe can pull it off with some hacks, but not worth the hassle in my opinion.