Mass Update Records

Has anyone figured out how to do a mass update on a table other than the Batch function?

I’d like to be able to create a formula field that contains a URL and then update a URL field in my database.

Example:

Text Formula - uspstracking.com
Then copy the result to a URL field so I can use it as a button on a table component.

Would tasks work? Set the schedule for the year 3000 or something, and add a task button to page.

Only thing I can’t remember off the top of my head is whether or not you can use Text Formula fields to set record values.

Good idea, but for whatever reason, it only shows this one field as an available option - no matter what field I use. Weird…

Here’s a bit of a messy hack.

1. add a Link field
  2. Install the Tadabase Text Utilities
  3. Add a rule using the Text Function and set the Action to: ensureLeft(‘www.uspstracking.com/?r=’)
  4. For the text value use the tracking code.
  5. Set the Link field to the result value of the pipe

I think that will work great - and save me some zaps! I need to learn more about pipes, how they work, and what is possible. Looks like they could do some really cool stuff.

Maybe some video examples would be good :grin:

@moe is there any way to get the record id using this? Right now I using a zap to grab it and save it in a text field. This give me a lot of options for page linking, etc.

The record ID can easily be saved in Table Rules or Record Rules. Create a new field and set the value to the “Record Value” of (Record ID)

I made a video a while back but we’re still doing many more updates to Pipes which is why we haven’t created more docs for it.

If you tell me some examples of what you’re doing with Zapier I’m sure it’ll be possible with Pipes natively.

Zapier is awesome and we highly recommend it. But Zapier runs after the fact vs Pipes which can run dynamically.

For example: With a Pipe you can:

• Validate data before the record is saved.
  • Load external data into live forms
  • Merge external data from other sources without requiring to save the data into the database
  • Run updates at the same time as saving

You can see some example GIf’s explaining this here: https://tadabase.io/integrations