New Tabs function

Hello,

I am really excited about the new tabs feature. However I could not find a way to control access rights to different tabs by user role. Is that possible? By manually creating the tabs I was able to allow access to particular rows “tabs” only.

@Chem @tim.young

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex,

The advanced tabs you custom create is going to be more robust than what’s possible using these new tabs. This is a starting point and with feedback like this we’ll certainly keep developing on top of it.

We’ve gotten some great feedback so far, such as:

• Javascript callbacks
  • Trigger Tab selection from links/buttons
  • Add Icons
  • Horizontal tabs
  • Your idea about user roles. This one is the most complex since our tabs works inside the column level, but we’ll investigate.
2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, Moe! I understand and for those applications I will keep the old tabs. Anyway the feature is great for other applications!

Alex

Also since tabs are inside the column level- it’s challanging to resize components where normally we’d simply resize the column - any work around for this?

Otherwise I think we should be able to resize components within a column by dragging as well

I know I can use col-6, such classes but it requires quite a bit of custom css to move things up and down etc.

Here’s a temporary workaround that you can use.

if('{loggedInUser.Role}' === 'ROLE HERE'){
$('.x-type-col-tabs>ul>li:eq(2)').hide();
}

just adjust the eq() accordingly based from the sequence of the tabs. 0 being the first tab.