Parameterized body POST request

I had this working before! and I can’t figure out how to make it work again

I have a post API that accepts a simple body JSON request
{
“documentId”: “{documentId}”,
}
I’d like the value of documentId to be a parameter I can pass. Parameters in Pipe seems to be for query param and not body request variables. Correct me if I am wrong!

The parameter will replace also inside the body exactly how you did it.

Is that not working for you?

Just create a parameter call it whatever you want and make sure the slug is: documentId

That will replace that value inside the JSON request as well. You can see an example of this by installing the Airtable pipe.

This is strange.
So, when I send this hardcoded non-parameterized request to my API, Pipe works:
{
“documentId”: “5”,
“fields”: 0
}

And when I replace documentId with a parameter
{
“documentId”: “{documentId}”,
“fields”: 0
}
It doesn’t work!!! I wish Pipe can return the raw error log

I created a new Pipe and and did the same thing as above and it works now!

Great!

So you know you can create a response and choose Raw instead of Json and save that back to any field like any other response. You’ll be able to see the exact response.

1 Like

Running into some similar issues here.

When I test the pipe and provide parameter values, my POST call to Salesforce works just fine and the data mapping works correctly.

When I instead make the same call in my front-end using either a Table Rule pipe or an Action Link, having no luck.

I’m using record values for my parameters, and I’ve tried triggering the pipes during record creation and after the fact, but the parameter references in my POST response don’t seem to be activating.

EDIT: I realized I wasn’t using the API response to set a value in Tadabase. This seems to have solved it.

:point_up_2: Yep, that’s why. Something we hope to change in the future. Certainly a big issue that comes up with nearly every single customer.