Secured page login redirect to intended page, not Home

When you hit a secured page from a shared link and haven’t logged in, the login process should return you to the original link you entered. Right now, you have the option of a default message, custom message, or redirect.
If you use a message and your template has a login option, you login and get directed to the home page of the site.
If you redirect to the login, you are similarly then directed to the home page.
I would expect to be able to share links to specific pages of my site, and if they require authentication, that process could happen as a side-band activity and then return you to the intended page.
Is this currently possible, or a viable new feature?

6 Likes

This is definitely something I"m sure everyone in this community would appreciate.

We will certainly investigate this further. I will aim to post here an update about this request in the coming 3-4 days.

Hi Moe, I’ve just found another valuable use case for this feature so came to see if there is a follow-up. Have you had a chance to progress development of this feature? Cheers, Barnaby

Hi @moe this feature request just came up again in discussions so thought I’d follow up on this chat to learn if there was any progress/plan to implement it? Cheers, Barnaby

Still looking for this feature to be added @moe …?

1 Like

I am also curious if this is something that has been solved. Our team has tried to send links to clients in emails to specific pages and we are often met with “it just took me to the home page.” Would really appreciate some way to implement the above feature.