Set date field to current date + 10 days

I need to set a date field to the current date + 10 days. I have a date formula field that does this, however, I need to then take that formula and use it to set a regular date field so my users can change it if they need to. I’m thinking I need to use a pipe, but I really don’t understand how to use the syntax of the pipe functionality, and can’t find and documentation/training on this.

Thanks!
Marc

Hi Marc-

Can you describe your project that would need to have a two-way flow of date changes? Is there a design restriction/need that would prevent the end user from changing the initial date field to automatically change the 10 day date formula?

~Adam

The field is an expected return date which in most defaults to today+10. I have workflow that starts a process to start contacting customers on this due date. Sometimes there are shipping or other delays, so my user would like to change the date when this happens.

Basically, I need a way to assign a date to a standard date field.

Thanks!

This could be done with some javascript. @Chem may be able to assist whereby the JS pulls from a field value plus 10 days and targets the field that would show the date+10.

If the user changes the date, do you also want to add +10 days to it? The Date Utilities pipe has an API call to add days. You could use this and run it on record create/edit or both. Would that work?

I can show you how to set it up if you’d like.

No. It should only be set when Created to the today+10. If they change it, they are on their own.
I think the pipe would work on the Create, but not sure how to set it up properly.

Thanks @tim.young

@mdykstra

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

4 Likes

This works perfectly. Thank you for your help @tim.young

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

How to set an email reminder before 2 days from due date? :thinking:

@Black

You might try this criteria:

Notify Date is during the next 3 days
AND
Notify Date is after the next 2 days

I agree with @mdykstra, if you are using the due date field as the trigger field for the notifications.

Adam

Hey @tim.young any reason why this does not work. Date Utilities Pipe, Add Years. On create or edit.

thanks

What value do you get as a response if you save the response to a text field?

Are there any rules that could be overwriting this value?

Hi @tim.young

I did try it as a text value and i get the following based on a date format of dd/mm/yyyy - 0101/0101/42424242.

i changed the fomat to d/m/y and get 01/01/42

I do plan on performing another function on this field once i have the end date, so i guess i need it to be a date field.

This is a new field and has no rules applied to it other than setting the pipe response.

If youre saving it back to a date field, it must be formatted in SQL date format.

Set the format to the following “Y-m-d”:

Thank you @moe that has worked and sending the value to the date field.

for future self service, could you point me to where i would have found this please.