Smartsheets Pipe?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with custom pipes and smartsheets.

I believe from what i have read I can talk to smartsheets using zapier, but that looks like a very expensive option (on zapiers side)

At this point I am just curious if it is possible, before I head down that rabbit hole.

Thanks

Hi Peter, welcome to the community! :wave:

Creating a Smartsheet pipe is certainly possible. What specifically are you looking to accomplish with this pipe? I’ll be able to tell you if its possible.

Just keep in mind the Piipes work on a 1-to-1 relationship. Meaning, you can’t display a table from Smartsheet inside your app. But assuming you want to update a single record or get a single record you can do so fairly easily.

Hi Moe

Thanks for your help.

I have a workmate who has built a large smartsheet to track staff and logistics.

We are looking at using tadabase to build forms that the staff can access from their phones. They will want to be able to add, update and read records from the smartsheet, so one row at a time.

I just took a look at their API and was able to build a pipe to do so quite quickly.

I can give you some pointers, and I’ll ask one of our internal team members to build out the pipe.

But if you want to get started right away, here’s a very simple example:

1. Get the API Token from your account.

Once you hae the sheet ID you can get the a specific row very easily as well:

I’d be happy to help further if you give me a specific example of what you want to see.

Hi Moe

Thanks for that, this should be enough for the moment.

Will be in touch

Thanks again