SMS / Text Message -

Hi Guys,

Is anyone using the SMS / Text message from Tadabase Servers?

I cant find any documentation on this, and I have tested a few number formats and I cant get it working.

The built in SMS features only work to USA phone numbers.

I would look into the Twilio Pipe to get more customization.

Thank Moe - might help to put that in documentation somewhere (unless I missed it?). Would have saved me some time today :slight_smile:

Edit - or even in the settings when you can choose between Tadabase servers or Twilio servers.

Ya, I agree. We need to document that better. Sorry about the wasted time.

This was a more recent development since we’ve discovered that nearly all SMS traffic to international customers was by malicious users. Sadly, we keep having to lock down more and more features especially to places outside of the USA. There are many countries where we have often hundreds of signups a day for malicious phishing and otherwise negative behavior. When this happens we have no option but to keep restricting features.

In the very near future, we’re going to shorten the trial period to 7 days for this exact reason.

One day when we figure out how to deal with this properly without it taking too much of our time we plan on offering a very generous free tier too. At this time its simply not worth the hassle. :cry:

I’m getting carried sidetracked but wanted to shed some light on the reasons behind these types of decisions.

1 Like

Completely understand.

Maybe just adding (USA only) to the settings page will help other users:

1 Like

Hi

I have setup twilio account and added pipe and sent test message from Tadabase Pipe API to my own mobile.

If you have your own twilio account I assume you can send messages to any telephone number ?

I’m not seeing the option to enable SMS in Tadabase builder settings.

I’m on Business Pro Plan.

I need to be able to send text messages to Ireland (ROI) based customers

Any advise ?

tks
Noel

I’m pretty sure by default Twilio blocks international texting, I think you may need to make some configuration changes on the Twilio side.

I can enable the Twilio in the builder, but I’d highly recommend using the Pipe instead.

Hi

I ended up using these guys https://www.cadoo.com/

They had a very simple API to send SMS texts

I wrote up how to add this as a custom pipe in a pdf (but can’t post it here)

If anybody would like it just PM me (or contact me here)

regards
Noel

I need to use text messages ( with the Cadoo custom pipe) similarly to how emails are natively used with links directly to a record.
The exact use case is that I want to be able to text a filed services team lead with a link to an assigned job record.

@moe could you provide any conceptual or specific approach to achieving this.

I have a table component with an action “trigger pipe” that successfully texts the team lead . Just wondering how I might construct and include a link to the corresponding record in that text

Tks Noel

Actually this was relatively easy to do with Tadabase magic :grinning:

I created a record rule that added the record ID to a field called myRecordID
(as can’t seem to access the default RecordId in formulas or equations)

I created an equation field with a concat that concatenated the base URL of the form I wanted displayed with the record ID.

e.g. https://XXXX.tadabase.io/YYYYYY/installation/receive-frames/

I then use the Trigger Pipe to use that equation field as the Text for the SMS message.