🔥 Sneak Preview of the new Pipes feature!

We’re excited to let you in on a sneak preview of what we’ve been stealthily working on for the past several weeks…

Introducing Tadabase Pipes!

Pipes introduce a revolutionary way to integrate, merge, and update data from any external or internal source- seamlessly from your Tadabase app.

With Pipes, you can easily integrate with just about any of your favorite external tools, including Intercom, Jira, Gusto, Slack, Zoom, any thousands more.

Think of Tadabase Pipes like a built-in Zapier embedded within your Tadabase app.

So… which integrations would you be most excited about? We’re hoping to hear from our community so we can know which integrations to build next!

You can always build your own integration in a matter of minutes by knowing the endpoints and other API specs.

Let us know in the comments below!

Brief overview:

Merge external data with internal data

Check out our new built-in Jira Pipe. You can add a new column in your table with the details from Jira based on a predefined parameter.

In this example, the only field in Tadabase is called “Jira” and when each record loads it performs a request to Jira and retrieves all the relevant details we’ve requested and loads them dynamically within a unique column.

Record Rules

With Record Rules, you can use Pipes to update/insert values from external sources on the fly. For example, you can create a record rule that when someone enters their City, automatically retrieve the weather for that city and save it to a specific field:

Validation Rules

With Validation Rules, you can validate data against any external source as well.
For example, create a validation rule that before someone can submit a form, check if it will be cloudy and show them a custom message of "It might rain, bring an umbrella🌂

In live forms:

You can also update form values before the form is even submitted by adding an action link inside the form and choosing which field should get updated.

In this example, I am putting in a Starting Address and a Destination Address and forcing the third field to be updated with the value returned from the API:

Also available in Page Rules and Action Links.

Some of the built in pipes we’ve already made available:

• Currency Conversion
  • Weather
  • Stripe
  • Distance Search
  • Clearbit
  • VIN Decoder
  • Google Translate
  • Timezone Conversion
  • Hunter
  • Jira
  • Routing Lookup
  • Advanced text manipulation (Regex and over 200 built in functions)
  • Search and Replace
  • Advanced Date/Time feature (For example: Set date to end of quarter, Get Age, CountWorkDays)
  • QR Code Generator
  • Unit Conversion
  • PDF Extractor
  • IP Data
  • Advanced Math (Amortization Calculation and other math)
  • Redact text
  • Text Masking
  • Relative Time (instead of 07/21/2020 3:03PM it will output “4 minutes ago”)
  • Encode/Decode
  • Holiday check (Check if date is holiday based on region)

We would love to hear which integrations and additional features you’d be excited to see with our initial Pipes roll out which is planned for midnight of 7/26/2020 (our weekly scheduled update).

Let us know in the comments below and happy Tada-piping!

5 Likes

I’d be interested to know if there is a way to plumb into the Google Playstore Subscriptions API to retrieve app user subscription status and record against a registered tadabase user.

A much needed service! Great work

1 Like

Very exciting stuff, my head is spinning just thinking about the programming possibilities! Microsoft365 integration would be awesome, Dropbox, Quickbook Online, Twitter, Facebook, I could go on for days, Haha

4 Likes

@richUK, I took a brief look at the API, it looks like Google Play requires a key file in order to authorize the API calls. There are some services that Google requires keys for but often also work with API keys. Not sure if that’s the case here. If a key file is the only option, this won’t integrate.

Pipes can still make it easier to integrate with services where you use a custom code as a proxy. Not the ideal solution, but a workaround if necessary.

Awesome! How about Calendy or ScheduleOnce and Shippo?

Will certainly look into these @SuiteUpstairs @mdykstra (Welcome! :blush:). Initially, the easiest to implement is anything not requiring Oauth2.0 rather an API Key or basic authentication. We’ll soon after added Oauth as well.

Hi Everyone!

We’re still actively rolling out Pipes and writing docs on how to implement it. But for the sake of our awesome community, I wanted to make a quick and very rough video demonstrating some of the basics of Pipes.

Sorry about the low volume and how quickly I fly through it. We’ll make better videos and comprehensive docs as we continue.

4 Likes

Hey @moe, I’m assuming you guys are still working on the Advanced Math Pipe? It appears that you can only set up one Advanced math equation for an app at the moment, am I correct? I think this pipe is a game-changer that should fix a lot of the equation and formula field calculation timing challenges I am currently struggling with.

I think this should be able to do any math function with multiple equations.

You would just need to add additional parameters and put the entire formula inside of quotes.

Can you give me an example of math you’re looking to do and I’ll ensure this works?

Yes, I believe you are right but what if I wanted to do two different equations for two different situations? I don’t see a way to do that yet. Basically, two different api calls is what I’m talking about, or am I missing something?

You’re not missing anything.

But, can you give me a specific example of an euqation you’re looking to run. We’ll find a way to implement this. Pipes are 100% extensible and nearly anything is possible.

The pipe you mentioned was built since we received several requests for users looking to add math validtation to a form. When a form is submitted if there’s an equation, the equation/formula runs after the record is saved. Meaning, it can’t be used for validation. With this pipe you can pass the values and validate prior to the form submitting. For example, if “{qty}*{price}” > 100 show an error.

OK Cool. So where I was thinking I could use this was in an invoicing situation, so you have a sub-total and on submission, I want to populate four fields in the record (holdback amount, total less holdback, tax after holdback and total)

So four seperate calculations that drop the results in four seperate currency fields:

{holdback_amount} = ({sub-total}*({holdback_percentage}/100}))

{total_less_holdback} = (({sub-total}*({holdback_percentage}/100})+{sub_total})

{tax_after_holdback} = ({total_less_holdback}*({tax_percentage}/100))

{total} = {total_less_holdback}+{tax_after_holdback}

Here is example of the result:

Now I know this can be accomplished with formulas and equations using those table fields but the problems I have run into is that you can’t use equation fields in certain elements like for instances in a card component sum. And the other problem with formula fields is they still don’t format the currency right when there is zero cents in the amount. Which is what you are seeing in the example above.

It’s just nice to have raw currency values in the database.

Hope this makes sense!

First off, thanks for pointing out those limitations on Equation field. We’ll definiltey address those.

Secondly, are these complex formlula fields? Meaning, is any of the calculation being calculated based on connected values from another table? or is it all values in the specific record being used?

The simple thing you cann do now would be to install this pipe multiple times and use several record rules to calculate these numbers. That’s assuming the numbers are part of this record, not a calculated value from other tables.

Let me know

Yes, they are complex formulas. The holdback percentage and the tax percentage are coming from a connected record in the project table.

I’ll give the multiple installation solution a try anyway and see if I can get it working, thanks Moe!