Table grouping not grouping all records

Hi folks, I have built a table on the page builder that uses both filter tabs and groupings. The Filter Tab is correctly filtering to all related records. However, the grouping is not catching all records. See example where the “Meaningful Knowledge” group only shows 5 records when not filtered (i.e. displaying all records) but shows 35 records when filtered using the tab.

This issue of records not being correctly grouped is repeated across other values, so it is not just that the “Meaningful Knowledge” value is not being correctly filtered / grouped.

I’ve tried changing the sort order and the sorting variable but it still doesn’t change anything. Changing the record limit per page does change the number of records that are correctly grouped under the top level variable (but it still doesn’t get all of them), so I am wondering if it is something to do with how the grouping works with pagination?

Does anyone have any ideas or has encountered this before? Thanks in advance.

The grouping is something that happens client-side. Meaning, after the records are loaded it gets grouped.

The implications are that the records that are on page 2 aren’t considered in the grouping. Like you said, changing the sort field to be the same as the grouping field and increasing the records per page should help a bit.

In the future we’ll need to look at addressing this and grouping the records before they’re loaded to fix this. This is not our immediate roadmap, but it’s on it.