Templated Email Function - is it possible

Hi, we have a strong requirment to be able to send emails to our clients with the ability for the email templates to be personalised with data from the data tables, similiar to how TB allows us to send an email on clicking an action button.

So i wondered if it was even possible to create something as per Tim’s post below but allowing the user to select a template to pre-populate the subject and body.

I have ceated a table to store the details of the templates such as subject line and body but i cant see how i would get past the following;

The templates table uses a RTF field for the body. how would a user creating a new template get data fields such as {first_name} in to the RTF field when creating a template.

Can a table be used as a lookup to choose a template without using a connection field. a bit like a ‘select field’ allows a choice of values.

I would love it if this could be achieved. We are still using Pipedrive for the sole purpose of the email templates.

I guess the alternative is to create a load of action buttons, one to send each templated email.

Hey Richard, I’m fairly confident this is possible if you’re okay with doing a 2 step process:

Please check out this video for a demo/walkthrough:

1 Like

Thank you so much @moe for taking the time to make this video. This looks like a great solution. I’ll post back how i get on.

1 Like