Time Tracking - User > Work Area > Group of Items > Item > Sub Item

Hello community!

I have been struggling with getting a working prototype of a time tracking workflow.

Even with a basic form I’m struggling.

Effectively I need a user to be able to select

1. The Group of items they are working on > then in some instances, select the item itself
  2. The work area they are working on

Then once the record is created, setup a “clock off” button which will update or edit the record to record a finish time.

I can then use a formula in the data builder to deduct finish time from start time and I should be good.

Has anyone got any examples of how their logic or UX works?

@Bevcom

We have two (2) different ways we have developed this functionality in our support ticket system.
We are using a combination of form rules and time formulas to accomplish the time tracking. We are happy to schedule a virtual meeting to show you how we accomplished it.

Please reach out via connect@brandglobal.us

Here you will see that we have a start time button which is an action button connected to a time tracking table.

Next you will notice that every action that is happening on a ticket either from a action link or a manual posting is listed in the Ticket Activity

Lastly you will see that we have a connected table and this table is doing a duration formula which will subtract the start time from the end time to give you total time on that action. We have also set it up as we know that certain activities may require multiple time sessions to complete the task and if you want to get an accurate accounting of time this is the best way we have found to accomplish that task.

Awesome!

Quick question - how did you forward to the detail link of another, with only an action button?

Did you manually create a detail link on another page (which is hidden) to give you the detail page of the record, then do a submit rule to forward you to the detail page of a connected record?

What you didn’t see was the list component where this workflow actually started from. So to give a better explanation here is our the support app works that we created:

External User Submits a “Ticket” via their login into the system (portal). Then we have a listing (List Component) which has some links connected to it.

Details Link —> Record Details Page.
Action Link —> Accept Ticket (Display Rule)
Action Link —> On-Hold (Display Rule)
Action Link —> Close (Display Rule)
Action Link —> Resolve (Display Rule)

Each of the above links have specific display rules applied based on a status. Additionally, they also have “Actions” associated which will either create a “Connected Record” or “Insert New Record”.

The associated actions means there are tables that are connected so that data can be passed between tables to have complete data analysis.