Editing through the detail page and going back to main page

Hi,

We have thousands of records in a table that need to be edited 1-by-1 through a detail page. It works fine, however each time we go back from a detail page, the main data table loads the very 1st record. Is there a way to go back from a detail page to the corresponding record number in the main table?

Thanks!

Hi @jorgos, welcome!

Unfortunately, I donā€™t believe there is any native feature that would be a solution for this but I feel your pain! Iā€™ve encountered this frequently while using the search component to view a specific data set, going to a details page, and then returning to the search page.

Just curious, would a feature like this be helpful to you?

Hi @tim.young,

Thanks for your quick response! Yes, such a feature would certainly be useful to us. Is it available?

No, Iā€™m sorry itā€™s not. Just an idea for the future.

Hello there,

In the meantime weā€™ve created extra pages that pre-query specific data segments to make the process a bit less tedious. So basically, we try to limit the # of records per view to max. 250, so that the data fits on a single ā€˜results pageā€™.

Iā€™m still wondering if there will be a solution at some point for ā€œrememberingā€ search results / filter settings, during a user session? It seems such a logical feature to me for a database app.

Nice workaround!

I agree with you about the search component saving your search results. I added this as a suggestion a while back. You can give it a like/upvote if youā€™d like.

1 Like