Multiple Files & Upload Preview

Suggestion - can we upload multiple files into a single cell

Airtable handles it quite well.

Also, our users are asking when they upload a file they want to click on it to make sure they have uploaded the correct one. Currently when they click on the hyperlink after they upload (but before they submit the form), it redirects them to the home page

3 Likes

+1 for this. I would kill for the upload/file system from Airtable to be replicated on Tadabase.

2 Likes

I also noticed that I’ve hit a brickwall with using Tadabase because of this. I want my users to be bale to upload multiple files associated with the record and be able to browse them and keep them updated when they see something missing. So far i can only see that I can upload 1 file and then download it again, with no visibility as to the file I uploaded or being able to add more.

1 Like

You can create a table on the details page to show your uploaded documents and provide a download link that will open in preview mode - this is currently the only option to show PREVIEW mode on attachments that i am aware of. Forms and Detail pages will only download the documents.

Further to IntelliGroups comment, here is the solution for having “multiple attachments” within a record details page. Doesnt do the ‘airtable’ function, but it certainly helps those looking to do multiple files withing a record.

(Bottom of screenshot)

1 Like

I would LOVE for this to be improved as well.

I just hit a dead-end too - I’m creating an app to manage properties and each apartment has around 15 images.

Uploading picture by picture is not ideal for my use case, especially because reorganizing the order of the photos would mean deleting and re-uploading images constantly.

So bummed, if anyone has any ideas on how to get past, please let me know!

1 Like

Is this something that could be potentially integrated with TadaBase?

@Chem @tim.young @Bevcom

1 Like

This is really interesting. I would assume you could get this working on the front end. Not sure how it work in conjunction with the backend though. If the user uploads multiple files, how do you dictate which field each images gets saved to for a record?

Maybe limit up to 20 photos and create 20 image fields?

@Bevcom @intelligroup @jborgbarthet @Rez

Hey all,

I made a post separately about multi-image uploading but wanted to share this here after some other developments today.

This link is for multi-image uploading. Images are then displayed in a list “gallery” and can be clicked to open a modal view.

https://dataflowstudios.tadabase.io/file-pond-demo#!/multi-image-upload

This link is for uploading PDF’s. Click the details button to see the preview in a new page.

https://dataflowstudios.tadabase.io/file-pond-demo#!/new-page

Both of these are using Integromat to feed back into Tadabase, so please refresh the table/list after uploading.

3 Likes

Although request is quite old, (I see the request has almost 3 yrs.) I fully support it, and think it’s really needed on any app. that requires files updates from users.

I wonder what’s the object of “showing file like image”, if user can not see images already loaded, at least like a thumbnail in an edit link of a list or other form

In my case when user try to update his files, he can see like follows:

So… what should user do? Delete all and upload again? User is not able to differentiate files, like in Airtable. Thanks Bevcom for the good example. I also used Airtable and I agree it’s quite visual friendly.
At the end we have to show file names as a solution…
In my view doing this way, is not very user friendly as these days all goes in the visual direction.

Both File and Files, are setup as “show like image” but behaviour is different from expected. I’ve tried PDF, WORD, PDN, JPG, and result is the same.
I’d like to see at least a thumbnail is required, both in data builder record, forms, edit forms, edit tables. I think it’s very important to keep consistency in functionalities.

Please @Chem m @tim.young is it possible to improve it? May be it’s already under development.

For the ones who read, please vote if you agree this improved functionaly is required.

I did some more testings. JPG and PNG files can be shown when they are not secured. DOC & PDF just show an icon.

File, does not show image for DOC, PDF (just icon) and for JPG and PNG show image when not secured (the ones I tested)

In my view a secured file should be seen anyway by user. The only reason to secure file is to encript sensitive data like personal information files, in order to comply with local regulations. May be I’m wrong related to when and who can see a secured thumbnail. Hope this gives some light to the topic. A small visual of most used files is warmly welcomed. B.R. Roberto.