Use equation field in parent table

Hi there, not sure this is possible so please forgive me, I’m just starting out with TB.

Parent table stores invoiceIDs
Child table stores payments related to parent InvoiceIDs - (equation sum field called total)

On the parent table Id like to use an equation column to show the sum of payments in the related InvoiceID (total) of the child. When creating the table equation field on the parent I can select 1 column from the child table but its not the field I need.

The field Id like to sum is an equation field, is this not impossible.

Thank you if anyone can help.

Below is how the front end should like if I can get it to work, the received column would be the sum value from the parent table.

So each month I could get a master view of whats been paid, rather than having to go into each records details to view.

Hey @GaryB not sure if this thread is any good to you ?

Thank you, its not quite what I need to do unfortunately. I’m really struggling to find a way to make this work for us, without being able to query the database :pensive:

I need to surmise 1000s of records for a quick overview of advisers performance. Currently, outside of tadabase we have the below screenshot, it takes each adviser, then sums how much many sales per month. All this in one table/page. Clicking on the adviser then loads the details page.

I’m sure/hope its possible with tadabase as it seems so good, but I can only seem to display all records spanning multiple pages without being able to summise on each adviser. We use these type of reports all across the business so I’ve hit a brick wall and seem unable to progress at the minute. I had hoped to upgrade from trial to business as I only have 3 days left :sweat_smile:

And another we use here. Its a page built from 2 joined tables.

First column, its grouping by the month/year, then grouped by the company name. The columns after that are count of total records, sum of commission etc.

It appears that tadabase displays all records in a table with the option to view individual records, I was hoping display summaries with the possible option of drilling down to the underlying details.

I’ve only been using for 5 days so probably my lack of knowledge or tadabase isn’t really built for displaying data such as this. Hope its is my lack of knowledge as the tadabase itself is exceptional and I’m sure many other companies would need this type of data reporting.

All use grouping on the rows and grouping on columns to display counts in the example.

Closest I can get in tadabase by using a pivot table but it appears I cant use a date as a column.

@GaryB

A rollup field can use a connected equation field as its reference. Is that what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Perfect @tim.young, that’s exactly what I needed for this table. Do you know if the currency symbol and summary should work on the page view, it shows in datatable?

Thanks again