Wow! What happened?

@calvin - You are not wrong to worry. I am worried about this pricing structure as well. Something has happened in the past 4-6 months. I have been told that and custom support (for no-Enterprise accounts) has to be posted on this Community board instead of working directly with any TB support staff (as was the case for the past 2+ years in my experience).

My experience in the past 4 weeks with this new change has been less than 10% of my questions being answered and NONE of the successful solutions were provided by any TB staff. If you don’t mind me asking, what level of subscription do you have? I have Pro and the recent support response has been no less than 2-3 hours before someone pops online. In fact, most times, the chat support says they are away at the moment when it is the middle of the work day.

My intent as a small business paying it forward was to host and provide free applications to the industry that I am targeting. However, if each app costs loads of $$$, I won’t be able to afford to provide free services.

Good luck, I’d seriously try to get in touch with a TB staff/support person that could answer your questions before investing any more time into your applications. It would be a shame to waste time and effort on an untenable application.

If you find anything out, I, personally, would appreciate any info you could pass along.

Moe reached out to me to schedule a meeting to discuss my issues and concerns and I was eager to chat with him. However, there has been no response to actually schedule a meeting.

Adam

2 Likes

Hi Adam @SafetyUniversity – All good points, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have come from experience on local DB’s and also 2 other online DB platforms, and I have to say the functionality in Tadabase is superior to both the online platforms in nearly all cases. And it is also faster.

However the downside is there seems to be a few more bugs or things that are not complete yet in Tada? ( I understand from @moe 's post here Tadabase in 2022 that bug elimination is big focus of the TB team this year, so thats encouraging!)

To answer your question, I just bought the ‘personal’ plan @$149 a month just while I trial, however the app I am migrating will need the Performance plan, if I continue.

I have also found the chat support great. I have only dealt with @tim.young and @Megan and both have been very responsive and knowledgeable, but all the things I have chatted about have turned out to be bugs so not something they can fix on the spot. Also guess just having the option of chat support is also a big plus, most other platforms don’t offer this. Mostly though, I think I will use the ticket system as I have four issues/bugs open now so it got harder to track with chat anyway. I will leave chat for emergencies.

Getting back to the ‘elephant in the room’ and @Peter_J s OP: The change to per app pricing (so no more Dev>Test>Prod capability) + now with no ability to rollback (I am referring to the “Versioning, backups, and restores” post I linked above - functionality that was launched in March ’21 and then seemingly still pulled?) is going to be a showstopper for me.
One of these has 2 factors has to change.

I am actually continuing to develop on Tada, since I have spent a good 3 weeks on it already (trial and then bought a month plan) but yeah, seriously concerned and at that same time encouraged to know that others are also of the same mindset.
Hopefully the ‘backups-and-restores’ functionality will be re-released soon ??

Calvin.

No Dev/Prod versions is a concern, but for me paying over $350 AUD a month to be able remove the Tadabase branding on an App is also a major concern.

No white labeling unless on Scale plan ( Over $350 AUD) is crazy.

I have been trying Tadabase and it looks so promising, I have applications in Caspio and Bubble, and was looking to Tadabase for it’s simplicity of use for building out and application and looking to move off Bubble.

2 Likes

Hey @eLearnHQ , not sure if you saw this recent announcement this week, but Dev / Staging / Production versioning is now available, details here

I’m not sure what price plans this will be available on though.

2 Likes

Thanks @GREDDIE - a little too late for me as we moved back to our original platform. Shame.

I have 2 more Australian customers interested in apps that we are about to develop, so I will check it out again once we know what plans this capability will be on.

@SafetyUniversity may be interested to hear this (if he doesn’t already know)

2 Likes

Thanks all for the heads up. Good news…hope to see you back soon @calvin !

1 Like